Wednesday 10 December 2014

My awesome grandma =]

    Wanted to post something bout her for a while now :) (Grandma from Mom's side,wai po 外婆)

Though I'm not as close to her as one of my sister, She is still someone I look up to and respect . Despite her age, She is a fine lady who always looks prim and proper and a highly principled person.
   
Fun fact - She's the reason I forced myself to learn Hokkien. Yeah yeah, I was once those stubborn kids who refused to speak Hokkien even though I understood it. (Mom was pretty frustrated..haha) Did  grandma whoop out a cane and forced the gold out of my mouth? (Chinese folk tease you for keeping gold in your mouth if you don't talk) Nope, but where did the gold go? T^T .. Anyways, I ended up forcing myself to speak Hokkien because I THOUGHT my grandma didn't understand mandarin. Till one day after around 10 years I hear my cousins speaking to her in mandarin and my grandma
SPOKE MANDARIN. 

AFTER SO MANY YEARS SOMEONE JUST SHOOT ME . 
There you have it, I got owned by my own grandma.
At least I could converse in hokkien now thanks to her.


Green fingers. I'm still waiting for the pumpkin to turn into a carriage(okay maybe not)

("IN YOUR DREAMS!" )
And.. a tour of GRANDMA'S HOUSE!
Just how many grandma's have a rainbow pavement? How many? 


dem feels 
Hall of fame? Nope. More like hall of marriage.  (There's another wall.. Hall of grandchildren..)


And we must not forget the complimentary drink.
(Be prepared to see a fort built out of these during chinese new year)
Another fun fact. Okay more like Funny fact. Her conversation with my mom is always something like this..

Mom: "Did you cook the meat properly?" (肉有煮好吗?)
Grandma: "YOUR OLD MOTHER AH, of course I cooked it properly. "(你老妈!煮得好好!
(Take note, this is super funny if you read it in chinese. Or even better, Hokkien)

1 comment:

  1. I have two awesome grandmothers as well :) in particular my paternal grandmother who gives me pocket money everytime I see her. (she's the one who paid for the meal so thank her). Anyways my blog is made public again but don't expect regular updates though. For the record. I still stalk your blog 😊

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...