Monday 30 September 2013

a different angle of life

   Yesterday was the last meeting for scouts and other clubs as well. Being the usual me who seems to always have a problem with transportation, getting to school was a problem that I faced frequently. For that I skipped most of my scout meetings after king's scout standardization camp. It's kinda sad, really. I missed out a hell lot.
   Anyways, one of my scouters sort of moved in to my area so hopefully transport for scouting activities shouldn't be much of a problem after this :)  And yes, I asked the dude (scouter) for a ride to school. We arrived at school at 8.15a.m (meeting starts at 8am -_-) . But it didn't really matter much since I can't be blamed for being late since the "boss" of the meeting was my driver. lol.
   So after one of the game , A girl from scouts (think she's form 1) asked me if I did king's scouts and yadayadayadayada ~ being the "good" senior I was, I answered her questions and persuaded her to take the challenge to achieve king's scout. My way of persuasion was nothing close to appropriate but meh :p watever :P it's for her own good to take king's scouts. But it wasn't that bad I guess.. I just told the girl that there were loads of hot dudes taking king's scouts and they were perfect gentleman (no lie there :P) lol, an immediate response came with an excited squeal . Go figure :P
    Next came the question on why was I late for meeting. And so I told her the "boss" told me he'd pick me up at 7.45 am but the damn dude came 15 minutes late -_- . Wanna know how she reacted?
"shoooo sweeeeet !!!" (said in an excited way as if she's watching a korean drama)
  And there was me who was still trying to understand how sweet relates to picking me up 15 minutes late . meh.. lol.  
    But to think about it, when I was that age, I'd be envious of some girls having seniors to fetch them and being the girl who was popular and close to a bunch of guy friends.I might be squealing in delight if it were to happen.
   And yet again, I thought to myself, I actually paid a price for what seemed like a fantasy back then to happen to me right now. The junior I was talking to probably won't know what I've gone through to be living the "little girl fantasy" . To ask them for favors wouldn't be easy if I haven't spent so much time with them in order to achieve king's scouts. The perception will never be the same as it were back then and rather than thinking that I have prince charming picking me up with a grand carriage or bachelors with limousines,  the current plain thought of having seniors giving me a ride is just a sign of how lucky I am to have comrades, peeps and buddies who are willing to give me a hand :)

 The me now would probably ditch prince charming for a proton filled with familiar faces and laughter . 
   
 Hopefully she's as lucky as I am :)  to understand the happiness that little girl fantasies never even came close to. It takes time, but eventually all will happen in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...