Monday 1 April 2013

Life lessons : ただいま

ただいま   "Tadaima"
  means "I'm home" in Japanese.
  Little did I know that such a simple phrase can bring such happiness and warmth to a person.
It happened last year during my stay in a ryokan in Japan, I was in a not quite okay mood as I kinda sorta got lost finding my way back to the ryokan.  When I finally reached the place *thank god* Tired and panting, opened the sliding shoji door and said "tadaima" without thinking.*instinct I guess, too much anime.lol*
   I thought I was being foolish in some "syok sendiri" way , but I didn't expect the 20-ish guy at the reception to pop his head out of the counter and nod and smile at me. And BAM! It was like one of the happiest moments in life :D I think I heard him say "okaeri" too. 
   Why such a big fuss about a person acknowledging your presence of return? 
Well, because I didn't get any for the past two years or so. 
Thats when the sudden realization struck on how I miss going home to a table full of dishes,my two cats who'd pounce out of no where and a mom that listens to her daughters day at school and all the dramas that happened. 
    After moving in to live with my sister, I went home everyday around 2 and had to fix my own lunch somehow and yes, read newspaper while eating and then head to room. Lock myself in and sleep or whatever til my sister comes back with my niece and my bro-in-law. And then I start preparing dinner with the maid, eat with my sister and her family in silence.(I don't talk when I eat, 1st. I'm used to eating alone and so I dont talk. 2nd, its impolite. 3rd.i might choke)
    After dinner, sis and family shall sit in front of TV and watch TV. And I, shall head to my room and lock myself up.lol. Not that I don't want to join them but.. it's weird.. and I feel like I'm not suppose to watch TV but study. Anyways, so yeah, Loner for 2 years and this japanese guy struck me with realization on how I miss home right now. His acknowledgement left me feeling happy the whole day ;'D  
       To those of you who go home to a delicious meal and a ear always available for sharing...
Be grateful :)  
    Yesterday I had this convo with my 2nd sister while putra heights is undergoing a thunderstorm.
Putra heights thunder storm isn't like any other thunderstorm, its like Zeus is mad at us or something.
So my 2nd sister asked me if I'm afraid of thunder, she said she is and that the thunder in putra heights is scary.
 me: ._. .. even if i'm scared I can't go to my eldest sis and say.. jie.. I'm scared.
it's just .. weird... She has to deal with her daughter summore. so a little thunder is fine, i guess.
so...  to my blog "tadaima" ! I'm gonna continue posting some random topics.lolz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...