Saturday 21 December 2013

What's next?

   And its that time of your life where everyone asks you that question...

What do you want to do next? 

                  your future studies, your future career path, your future.

Coming from a kind of traditional chinese family , I will never be able to run away from these questions unless I give them an answer they like. I remember saying I liked drawing, maybe I could be a designer :D even though I was enthusiastic about it, my family waved it off as soon as I brought it up and told me it wasn't .. preferable as the pay wasn't high and such. So my dream was crushed by the mere fact that that certain career was deemed un-profitable. The same thing happened to lots of other dreams as well but anyways, I settled this duel with my family by deciding to take on the path to become a dentist or vet in the future.
   
   I was happy, They were satisfied. Its a win-win situation.

I went to see my grandma yesterday, she knew from my mom that I was planning on being a dentist. She was delighted by that fact and supported me to pursue that career. Besides the occasional gossip about her neighbor's cousins' sister's son's dog's health condition( ah ma gossips), she was telling me to go for dentistry. And to be honest, it felt very good to have your family member support you with what you do.

  Regardless of my results, I would like to give MEXT scholarship a try. Yes, its a scholarship to study in Japan and I really really really really really (REALLY) ....  WANT IT.
   so what are you waiting for? set a goal and go for it! (and wish me luck too ;) )













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...