Sunday 27 April 2014

Mandarin

But first, a quick update on life -

  Finally got to sleep in after such a long time. Wanted to take a nap after work yesterday , and guess what? It didn't happen cuz my sis lost her wedding ring. Tragic isn't it? 
   I swear it was so darn scary cuz she was tearing up ._. She said she might've lost it in a shopping mall, without further ado I rushed upstairs like a ninja and changed while chanting a somewhat mantra :"a sad sister is not a good sign. a tearing up sister is bad. " Don't know where the "mantra" came from but yeah, lol.   So after searching for it all over the house and shopping mall like a mad man. We finally .. gave up. lol. Good news?  her friend found it. (thank god now I can finally sleep T^T)
    Ughh.. Hell I swear I am gonna put a padlock and chain on my future wedding ring just to save all the trouble -_-


Moving on... the title--  CHINESE Mandarin.
I didn't realize how much I missed reading mandarin words until lately. weird huh? Sure I complain about it being a god darned hard subject all the time (but it is ._.)  But truth to be told, it is honestly a beautiful language . Just the fact that mat salleh's put it in a way that says that :"how it is written has nothing to do at all with how it sounds ." just make it so.. sacred. 

  Sure it took 6 years for us to learn word by word but there's no other language like it . Proud of being chinese? maybe. Proud of the chinese art and culture? definitely.

 fun fact: did you know you can forget how to write mandarin words even if you remember how to read it? yep. true story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...