Thursday 10 October 2013

significance of certificates

Certificates are official document attesting a certain fact, in particular.
  

     Whether it's academic certificate , certificate of participation or certificate of acknowledgement , I'm sure everyone(most of us) owns at least 2 in their life. Why? Don't forget about the existence of our birth cert and death cert :P (lol) 
   
      So lately I got my King' scout certificate and some english test from australia cert.(I got distinction,yay me :) !) I have another certificate pending which will eventually be mine in approximately 3 years I guess. It's the official King's scout certificate (didn't I just get it? lol this is a different cert :P ) where on that particular certificate, There's signatures from all the Sultans of Malaysia and awarded to you by the Agung himself.
Sounds so awesome and yet they had to make us wait for 3 years for it -_- (They said the cert had to go around Malaysia for the Sultan's signature)

    Anyways, While flipping through my cert file, I've been thinking... which are the ones that I will actually use to apply for higher education and pursue a career? Sure, I have loads of certificates, mental arithmetic beginner to advance level, cert of participation for various competitions and events, some computer skills cert, post holder for clubs and organizations cert and so on. Not to mention I have a file specially for scout related certs. All together there should be around 65++. I have certs from china(national service training), japan(drawing), and australia (english thingy).
    
      But the point is... which are the ones that will eventually help me apply for whatever I'm applying for in the future? As a Malaysian student, most of us will start madly collecting certificates starting from form 4 because the co-curricular marks are counted and the certificates will help in future studies (as believed). But honestly, I doubt that a certificate of participation in a card making competition will get me anywhere. In my opinion, loads of Malaysian students waste time compiling certificates which gives an illusion of ticket to a better future.Sure, I might have LOADS of certs but I never intentionally join the event just for cert. The cert is just a bonus.
   
   I see seniors photocopying their certs and have it signed by the principal for uses to apply scholarship and stuff. I'm still in the midst of figuring out which are the certs that I want to bring along with me as a bonus (mario power up :p) during interviews and stuff. I'm think the interviewers will be sick of seeing a stack of participation certs ._.  
    
           I'm imagining myself as a single player (beginner) in a game called "the FUTURE STUDIES" , where interviewers are like NPC players and game masters . Whereby I'm a beginner (so called noob in games) trying to equip myself with the best equipment and skills and increase my hp level. Mission is to level up and get pass the NPC quest. The prize is obviously cash and some rare items but leveling up slowly gets harder as you unlock higher levels. Of course there are obstacles , like some hideous boss with a bad fashion sense (mushroom cap and green eyeshadows and manicure  maybe?) 
   Getting too far :P
lol
cool bunny too cool for you
(made it last year out of cork)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...