Thursday 6 March 2014

Daily encounters in life : When meeting elderly people

  Walked in to a organic store to buy vegetarian ham after dinner, I was in a state that somehow managed to fit in the category of being presentable ._. (messy ponytail.sweaty.. and bad breath due to dinner -A- , and no, no make up on .who da hell wears makeup just to have it all smeared while you stuff your face with burger? ok maybe some people do :P but whatever.lol. )

   Back to the point..
I headed in to the shop and an aunty sitting down directly in front of me smiled at me. Of course natural reflexes prevented me from not smiling back :)  Anyways, After greeting her with my eyeless smile (my eyes disappear into 2 straight lines when I smile :P) ,I walked past her and headed towards the aisle full of goods. While walking past her I heard her say "so pretty " .

._. ... I looked around... no one else was there ._. ohmaigawd she was referring to me ._.
    T^T... thank you auntie..you very pretty too!! ... lol (yeah yeah i'm dramatic, whateva :P)

But lol, elderly aunties tend to like me a lot ._. So after picking up bits and pieces of what all these aunties see , I came up with a few conclusions. (credits to my friends who tell me what their mom comments about me )

  So point 1 ... My features. lol. Nope I ain't joking.(sorry if I come off as vain to you, but your opinion really doesn't matter :P)  Loads of moms just look at me and whisper to their daughters "UR FREN SO FAIR!"  (hopefully they don't accuse me of being a vampire ._. ) . Or maybe because I've the very asian look (mixture of korean/jap/chinese) which I've been told. Another friend told me I've got the "good-daughter-in-law" look ._. (WHUTTT? -_- OKAY...) I told my bro bout that, he was like.. "lol, that's the hokkien look la, hokkien people got those genes wan~" . I'm not complaining or anything, having these features are great since I can easily get on good terms with them elderly folks. (thank you mom,dad,grandma,grandpa,and ancestors from china ... for the..uh.. good genes lol..) 

  Next stop.. probably my name ._. yet again thanks a lot to my siblings who decided to name me after happiness. Them elderly folks really like to toss my name around and start a convo bout it. I swear the next thing they do is start singing happy by +Pharrell Williams  and go "cuz I'm HAPPY~~"
that song is very addictive by the way :P Anyways, I guess next time when I become a parent I should name my kid after something like my name ._. it'll help them in the future :)

But truth to be told, to be liked by them elderly folks, you just gotta be sincere and well mannered :) Just follow confusius's philosophies ~ it's as easy as that, some folks are hard to handle (it feels like they hate your mere existence -_- ) but anyways, be nice to them.

    Keep in mind that you should be nice to them in hopes that another would be the same towards your parents as well :) 

My oh-so-famous eyeless smile :P and YAYYYY A TIGERRRR RAWRRRR, tiger also got eyeless smile :P
**ITS SLEEPING !! NGAWWWWWW TIGERS!!! **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...