Sunday 3 November 2013

Tales of swords and love

  It was cold outside, The downpour earlier left behind a chill that made campers wish they had someone to snuggle to. As always, Trainees had to camp out while the seniors and superiors got to be in the cabin situated not far from the camp siteIt would've sucked, big time, to be camping out alone in a weather like this. But rules are rules, The authority prohibits anyone from sharing a tent for fear of any unwanted relationships that might cause a ruckus. Even so, I always tell them to keep their head in the game, once you join in, there's no turning back. Many have failed to survive though physically capable, determination is the key to survive in this blood war. Be mentally and physically prepared , And luck shall be on your side..if luck favors you at all.
   
     I was lucky enough to be indoors enjoying a late night talk around the table and breaking the ice among newcomers, enjoying his presence beside me.I got to talk to his elder sister, She started off the conversation  by asking me about my knowledge in Feng Shui. I must admit that being a chinese doesn't mean that the knowledge is already in my blood but hopefully those times where I used to snoop into the prohibited study to read all about it would come in handy right now. We got along just fine in our conversation , an on and off thunder in between joined the discussion whilst the flash of lightning lit up the whole room. It took me quite some time to compose myself from jumping whenever the thunder struck, luckily the warm atmosphere indoors did some justice in calming me down.  At some point she asked me to crack the code of this daily occurring dream of hers which consists of being tracked down by a massive tiger with silver eyes, which occasionally turned gold. Interpreting dreams wasn't really my thing ,but trying to impress her was . I excused myself from the table saying I needed to go to the toilet for a sec, Hopefully the trip to the toilet could buy me some time to come up with a reasonable explanation about her dream.
   
      I ran through several possibilities about the dream as I made my way to the toilet situated near the trainee campsites. The moonlight mirrored a soft glow on puddles and lakes, Only the sound of crickets and the occasional snore from heavy sleepers were heard.
   "Thats it! ", I thought to myself. I'm just gonna tell her I've got no leads in what her dream is about but something about the dream was quite .. off. I couldn't put a finger to why the thought sent chills down my spines but the way she started trembling when she told me about the dream was down right scary.
 
    Just as I made my way out of the toilet, My ears picked up on shrieks and screams coming off from the trainee campsite.
  "SHIT!WE ARE UNDER ATTACK" the thought urged me to rush in mindlessly like an idiot to save my comrades but thank god all those years of hardcore training made me do otherwise.
 
    I let instinct take over and scanned around for a weapon. I sent my sword for forging today and an idiot I was for doing so on this very day. Thank god the blacksmith shed was nearby , But my sword wasn't there. The blacksmith had some serious explaining to do after  the war , I grabbed the prototype of my sword that was left somewhere in a barrel where I left it the other day.
  Feeling way more secured with a weapon in hand, I charged out of the shed and intended to slaughter each and everyone of those buggers who dared to cross the borderline. I intended to make my way to the cabin where all the others were, where he was. But truth to be told, fending the enemies off took up quite a lot of concentration than I liked. Wielding the prototype of my sword was nerve wrecking, the weight wasn't just quite right and several times I scarcely escaped from death whilst adjusting to the sword.

     I fought side by side with the trainees and eventually exhaustion took over. I couldn't hold it up much longer without my own sword. Much to my surprise, he showed up wielding two swords right in front of me. One of the two swords, was my very own custom made sword. I didn't have much time to question him as he literally threw the sword in my direction willing me to grab it .
   The moment I grabbed the hilt of the black mischief, I felt the sword grasping my hand and slowly extended its way up to my arm and gradually equipped me like a gladiator. This sensation felt oddly reassuring but there wasn't much time to dwell on that. The sudden upgrade granted me more speed and agility not to mention the usage of elements. I could fend off more opponents this way and need not worry about shedding more blood than intended with this armor clad. The fight came to a point where .....




(sorry for cliffhanging, I didn't know how to continue since all the above was from a recent dream. Hope you guys enjoyed it, or not. Some parts didn't make sense but dreams don't make sense in general anyway :P, as for the title, tales of swords and love, i think its more about swords than love.As for the constant He and Him's , to be honest I myself dunno who or what he is . And so he remains nameless.This post is totally random as most of my posts are, sorry for no colors :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...