Monday 10 June 2013

flare

  Got a few of my exam results back today, and though there were some improvements on certain subjects, I'm sad to say I almost lost my A for English. Being the typical student we are, we blamed our marks on teachers who mark a tad bit TOO STRICT.  Anyways, I can't believe I lost mark on essay, am I that good to not lose marks from the start? I don't think I am but surely for Malaysian standards I'm at a better than Ok level.
   Before I become way to arrogant... so back to the topic, I got my paper and compared it with a friend of mine. I wrote freaking 3 pages plus and mind you, those 3 pages plus were filled with POINTS.
 My friend wrote 2 pages , and I'm sad to say I got lower. She wrote a story, someone died.the usual story. I wrote about friends, An open topic. The only reason that I came up with on why she got higher than me was because I don't use much idioms. The cat is out of the bag, I've been slacking and my vocabs and stuff didn't get updated much since I stopped reading novels.(loads.of.novels.) But still, it was weird, I was confident my essay was better.
   I discussed about it with an einstein in my class, she read my essay. She didn't see what was wrong either, but we just agreed with the fact that I didn't use much idioms was the cause. Nevertheless, I'm happy with a piece of new knowledge.
   "Einstein" said she liked my writing :) , she said it had flare. not much people have flare even though they have strong language skills. 
   Well, thank you =] (yes i was smirking like an idiot feeling flattered while  wondering what she meant by flare but it sounded like a compliment so I just accepted it and decided to google it later)
 so.... it means..

I'm guessing she means.. 2,maybe 3.. most definitely an outbreak. LOL.  I'm pretty emotional now aren't  I? hahahahhah, lol. So that's how I manage to control it so well and not be the kids who slam doors and runaway from home. kudos :D
Speaking of that, I went out with my sister and her friends for dinner just yesterday, they were discussing about which kid never had rebellious stage before? none. except for the ones who keep it in too much, it's bad for the kid. 
 me: no rebellious stage? bad? (nooooooo ) 
   tbh , i never was at the rebellious stage. hahahahaaha, so from their discussion I'm either gonna go crazy, jump off the building or am suffering from some kind of illness. Last time i checked, I'm still intact, thats fine with me for now :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...